I recently purchased an expensive Pentair pool pump from them ($800+). They sent me an item that appears to be an open-box or possibly used or refurbished item. My reasonings are:
- The product was not properly packed, and it's dusty from the outside.
- I also found several scratches on the exterior surface.
- Most importantly, I found a copy from the owner's manual that shows the product parts but with handwritten note stating "#6 is jammed into #5"!
When I voiced my concern and requested a new item to be shipped to me, all I received from Sunplay is that I quote "we only shipped out new items to our customers". The owner even threatened that since I purchased the product from the Internet, I will be subject to the restocking fee along with the shipping charge to ship it back if I decide to return this item. He even claimed that the credit card company would have to follow their "return policy" should I want to go through my credit card company to dispute the charges.
Sunplay kept on pushing me to deal this issue directly with Pentair, the manufacture, and stated that this is a warranty issue. But when I spoke to Pentair rep, I was told judging from the note, they think this item that I received has been dropped to the ground and the motor might have been damaged therefore the note "#6 is jammed into #5." Even if I install it, it'll not be covered under manufacturer warranty since this item has already been damaged.
So I caution anyone who is considering purchasing products from Sunplay. They are a dishonest and deceptive company that does not treat their customer fairly!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump 011018
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "So back in October 23 2012 i got into this website because i was sure it would be safe because it has a YOUTUBE channel "HRH COLLECTION", oh well silly..."
- "I'm an engineer by education and work as a technical director, so I'm naturally a researcher and like to think I'm pretty careful about anything I do. I had..."
- "There are facebook groups popping up all over the country for local swap and sell. If you see Scentsy reps on yours selling bars and bricks at half cost, beware!..."
- "I sold a Samurai windshield with frame on Ebay...shipped through UPS...the buyer sends picture of broken windshield...was not broken before sending...UPS denied any responsibility by telling me the item was..."
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "I purchased a pair of the concerto nightstands. The gentleman in the store was very nice and accommodating. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about their customer service line. I..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "I had to send a package overnight which contained Professional Cinema Camera Drives which she allowed me to take home so I could download the footage we shot that day...."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."