Sunplay - Refused to take back a damaged product and issue full refund
I recently purchased an expensive Pentair pool pump from them ($800+). They sent me an item that appears to be an open-box or possibly used or refurbished item. My reasonings are:
- The product was not properly packed, and it's dusty from the outside.
- I also found several scratches on the exterior surface.
- Most importantly, I found a copy from the owner's manual that shows the product parts but with handwritten note stating "#6 is jammed into #5"!
When I voiced my concern and requested a new item to be shipped to me, all I received from Sunplay is that I quote "we only shipped out new items to our customers". The owner even threatened that since I purchased the product from the Internet, I will be subject to the restocking fee along with the shipping charge to ship it back if I decide to return this item. He even claimed that the credit card company would have to follow their "return policy" should I want to go through my credit card company to dispute the charges.
Sunplay kept on pushing me to deal this issue directly with Pentair, the manufacture, and stated that this is a warranty issue. But when I spoke to Pentair rep, I was told judging from the note, they think this item that I received has been dropped to the ground and the motor might have been damaged therefore the note "#6 is jammed into #5." Even if I install it, it'll not be covered under manufacturer warranty since this item has already been damaged.
So I caution anyone who is considering purchasing products from Sunplay. They are a dishonest and deceptive company that does not treat their customer fairly!!
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump 011018
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought many thousands of dollars worth of merchandise when Aliexpress was accepting Paypal. Of my hundreds of orders two of them were canceled because the seller could not ship...."
- "They advertise a return within 5 day policy to get your money back for defective items. However the apply the warranty on a discretionary basis. I own a pool repair..."
- "On 9/2/12 11:38am, I bought a queen Aerobed at Target, Ca for $216.00. When I opened it later that day for my guests to use, we found it covered with..."
- "I am extremely disappointed and furious to have been scammed by this company THE DEAL EMPIRE at the value of $66.80 for the purchase of Body Shaper panties and Slim..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "There is no customer care.. I love to shop on Zara, just like there cloths ... this is my first time that have to deal with their customer care... turn..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "We had a great experience with Bath Planet. Saw them at a home show and were impressed with how friendly and professional the people in the booth were. ..."
- "I am going to try to keep this short and to the point although it took several months and my talking to over 20 people to get absolutely nothing done!..."